Become a career firefighter
Applications will open on Friday 8 February 2019 at 12pm (midday). We will be accepting 3600 applications, however we expect places to fill very quickly and encourage candidates to apply as soon as recruitment opens.
Applications will only be accepted via the Recruit Applications button which can be found on the top right hand side of this website from 12pm (midday) on Friday 8 February 2019.
All candidates will be required to complete the following questions to apply for the 2019 firefighter selection process:
- First name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Centrelink Health Care Card CRN (if eligible)
- Centrelink Health Care Card expiry date (if eligible)
- Did you undertake and successfully pass the ACER Written Selection Test on 4 March 2018? (Y/N)
We will only accept one application per person. Any individual who submits more than one application will be disqualified.
To make the application process more straightforward there have been several changes to the process. These include:
- Less information required to apply
- No requirement for a resume or driver's licence to be uploaded at the application stage
- No requirement to nominate a preferred agency at the initial application stage
Applicants who successfully passed the 4 March 2018 ACER Written Selection Test (WST):
- Are still required to submit an application on Friday 8 February 2019 to be eligible for this round of recruitment. Applications are open from 12pm (midday)
- However, they will not be required to re-sit the WST and will progress to the Group Assessment stage
- Applicants who would like to re-sit the WST in an attempt to achieve a higher written test score will need to contact the CFA or MFB Recruitment teams via email immediately after submitting their application. Please be aware that only your most recent score will be considered and any earlier results will be invalid. The application fee must also be paid by the applicant should they choose to re-sit the test
Applicants will be contacted after they have passed the ACER Written Selection Test (WST) and asked to provide the following:
- An electronic copy of your current resume with full work history
- A scanned copy of your current driver's licence
How we prepare
The Victorian fire services are seeking to recruit people with diverse backgrounds, skills and experiences. We encourage anyone who is ready for the challenge and meets our eligibility requirements to apply.
Use the resources provided on this website to prepare yourself!